Friday, January 13, 2006

No More Road Food PLEASE!

We just returned from a whirlwhind trip to Dallas and back. We normally eat fairly healthy and the week's worth of road food has taken it's toll on both of us. When I asked David what he wanted for dinner last night he basically said "Anything homemade". I made a trip to the market and ended up with a huge turkey breast. I cringed at the $18 price tag but when I got to thinking about it that's almost 5 lbs of pure meat - no waste whatsoever. It's also keeping in line with our idea of losing some of the weight we've added during the holidays. So I guess we'll be having Turkey Extravaganza for the next few days.
Last night's incarnation was a curry spooned over long grain rice with turkey, red bell pepper, sweet red italian onion, eggplant (yes David there WAS eggplant in there!), carrots and celery. I use the Golden Curry paste - I generally don't like to use packaged food items but this is one I just can't beat with my own recipes! It is so incredibly good!! The only thing I usually do is add a shake or two of red pepper flakes to give it some extra kick. I topped mine with a spoonful of yogurt - something David says he "Just doesn't understand...". We had a salad on the side with a 'work in progress' salad dressing - I'm trying to duplicate the awesome garlicy brew from The White Elephant. Not there yet but not bad! All things considered it was a darn good meal.

1 Comments:

Blogger bisbohemian said...

As a matter of fact, I am enjoying "Curry: The Sequel" right now...

I do love my wife...

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

online