Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Culinary Confessions

An idea from Cooking with Amy blog.... What are my Culinary Confessions?

I buy a lot of great food items at Big Lots...
I bought my beloved Le Creuset at a storge unit auction..
I have 3 pasta makers (one electric) and haven't used any of them in 3 years...
I can dirty 22 cooking utensils heating leftovers...
I hate keeping butter in the fridge...
I think the coffee press was a divine invention...
I can cook almost anything in a toaster oven (I don't have a stove)...
I often spend more time washing dishes than it took to produce the meal...
I'll drink coffee that is more than 10 hours old....
I won't order steak in a restaurant anymore because it's never better than mine...
I love bowls - little ones, big ones and especially odd ones...
None of my silverware or dishes match (though the dishes are all white)...
I've had 3 kitchen fires - croutons, steak and a rustic pear tart (blogged about here)
I know that grits and polenta are the same thing...
I am addicted to kitchen gadgets but rarely use them...
There is no such thing as margarine in my universe...
I make the strongest coffee of anyone I know...
oh yeah and I often swear profusely when cooking...

1 Comments:

Blogger bisbohemian said...

These are all true...especially the last one...she can make a sailor blush with her language in the kitchen...and that is just reading the cookbook...woe be unto they that stick around for the actual "cooking"....

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

online