Monday, June 13, 2005

Time Flies

For the last year we've been living in an odd sort of time warp. The weekends that David and I spend wandering around the countryside seem to go on forever. The days expand past their allotted 24 hours somehow and have a suspension bridge stretch that I remember from childhood summers. As an adult things speed past and other than isolated moments the days seem like a fast forward blur. By some magic we've regained the ability to experience the days frame by frame. There is a richness to the sights, sounds and experiences that I haven't known in years. It's like I'm really awake in a way I haven't been in a long time.

We head out on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning and return on Sunday night. A few hundred miles usually – we pick a direction and go. When we get home we marvel at how long the weekend seemed to last. On our way home yesterday we passed a group of abandoned buildings we’d photographed on the outgoing leg of our trip. David said “Do you remember being here?” It felt like a week had gone by but it had just been the morning before. The saying is that time flies when you are having fun…but sometimes if you are very,very lucky it just soars……..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful. I envy you. I hope it lasts and lasts for you. Sometimes it does seem like before you know it the day is over. Other times the day is far from over but you're so tired there's nothing left that you can manage to do.

Enjoy!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Diane Daniel said...

Oh believe me Ken I do enjoy it - and I am incredibly greatful for it as well.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Tony Daniel said...

You have been the best thing for David's sanity since...well, ever! Ya'll seem so well suited for one another.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

online